AU$ All prices are in Australian dollars.

Terms and Conditions

Agency Agreement

Every item presented for auction requires an agency agreement to be completed and signed by the vendor. Should you have a person/agent acting on your behalf, a written authority must be supplied along with all title information.


Insurance is the responsibility of the vendor and remains at the risk of the vendor as to any loss or damage suffered.

Safety Certificate (RWC) & Certificate of Inspection (COI)

If you wish to sell your truck or trailer with registration you must supply a current safety certificate obtained during the last 28 days and valid on the day of sale, or current Certificate of Inspection (COI) for vehicles on the NHVAS.

The above certificate shows that your truck or trailer is currently roadworthy and makes it more appealing to prospective buyers. Presenting your truck or trailer for auction with the above enables us to sell with confidence, knowing the purchaser should be able to transfer the registration without inconvenience at the relevant State Transport Department.

All earthmoving & mobile plant is sold unregistered.

Trucks and trailers without a safety certificate may still be auctioned but under the Motor Dealers Act the number plates must be removed from the asset.

Registration Plates

If your truck has personalised number plates attached that you wish to retain, simply follow these steps:

  • Remove the plates from the truck and place them on "hold" at your local motor registry.
  • Request that replacement plates be issued. You will be supplied with replacement plates and registration papers, including a replacement label. Please check the label to make sure it states the correct registration expiry date.
  • If the plate exchange is not completed prior to the auction, it is usually too difficult to arrange after the vehicle has been sold.
  • The responsibility for these transactions are entirely with the vendor of the truck, not Pickles staff.

Title (proof of purchase)

It is mandatory for you to prove you are the owner of the truck.
Registration papers are not sufficient and do not substitute for title information. Confirming title means checking the history of the truck to satisfy our requirements of representing the truck in an ethical manner.
If your truck was purchased privately, the following requirements apply:

  • A receipt with all relevant details of the purchase.
  • Name, address and telephone numbers of the seller and purchase date.
  • If your truck was purchased from a motor dealer or auction house (excluding damaged vehicles) a copy of the original invoice must also be supplied.
  • We do not accept trucks previously purchased at a salvage auction.

Finance Payouts

If you have current finance on your item(s) for sale, you must complete an authority form to enable our staff to make all necessary enquiries regarding finalisation of the account. Payment will be deducted from the proceeds of sale and forwarded directly to the finance company on your behalf. Should there be a shortfall of payment you must consult with your Pickles representative to arrange payment.